Saturday, June 04, 2005

DMB tribute to Dylan and Zeppelin?

I had been practicing my bass for the past few hours...and I decide to learn Stairway to Heaven. As I am playing the part that accompanies the guitar solo, I realize that it sounds familiar. Like most people, I have heard the song a hundred times, but I usually pay attention to the guitar part. So as I am looking at the tab for the bass line, I realize that it's the same as another song I know. Years ago, I learned the guitar part for the Dave Matthews Band's version of All Along the Watchtower. The notes, rhythm, everything is identical. Even the way that the band picks up into a frenzied solo. Even the very end of the song, delivering key last lines as the music stops... Anyway, I am sure there are dozens of people that already realized this, so if I wasted your time, you should be doing something better than reading my blog.

0 comments: